Carren's Pitch

Life by Design

9/30/2009

Sighted

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

I don't usually love the -ber months because I know the year is drawing to a close, but the October issue of Bluprint and Mega made up for it. I finally got see three stories I enjoyed doing in print.
~*C
Bluprint Vol. 7, October 2009

I first saw Pam's work while at Blanc Compound for her art exhibition. I had no idea what I was going to see, I only knew I wanted to get out of the house. Instead of just a nice time out in the city, I was confronted with paintings that pulled at my heartstrings.

It was enough for me to pitch it to my editor. Thankfully, I got the go signal to feature her. I think I have good instincts because a few months later, Pam was named one of the Cultural Center of the Philippines' Thirteen Artist awardees.
MEGA Magazine
October 2009

My articles for Mega was all about travel. Seeing these in print bring me back to the time when I was on a plane almost every other month. My photos were also used for the article (hurray!) I also tackle a piece on long distance relationships, an article inspired by my own reality.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS