Carren's Pitch

Life by Design

4/01/2010

Code of Honor

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

When you're engaged to a video game designer, life definitely gets more interesting. I knew nothing about video games when we first started going out. Now, I know a teeny bit more--enough to appreciate the creativity and technical difficulty that goes into making a game.

That's why, I'm so glad this short piece made it to print on Hemispheres, the in-flight travel magazine for United Airlines (and coincidentally the publication I've been reading since I was a kid taking trips from Manila to Los Angeles).

This piece was a nerve-wracking for its quick turnaround, but I got to talk to some very cool guys, who add fun to our lives while having fun themselves. Not bad for a day's work.
~*C

Text by: Carren Jao
Edited by: Aaron Gell

PITTSBURGH--It sounds a little like rain, the endless clatter of keystrokes coming from a conference room at Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center. Inside, 16 game developers stare at their computer screens, trying to create the next Tetris or Space Invaders— and to do it in just 48 hours. Read more here.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS