Carren's Pitch

Life by Design

9/22/2011

Cast-Off Wood Become Artful Longboards

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

I have found myself with a strange fascination for wood and all its qualities. I remember being intrigued covering Knowhow Shop for GOOD LA. When I spied Loyal Dean's work at Dwell on Design's Home Tour, I knew I had to find a way to cover it, so here it is :)

~*C
The two founders of Loyal Dean didn't set out to make longboards. But a happy accident led them to create some of the most unique, beautiful rides on the market.

Text by: Carren Jao
Edited by: Cliff Kuang
Published: August 2011, Fast Co.Design



L.A. is rotten with longboard riders carving down the streets, but few can boast boards as beautiful as those of Loyal Dean. Made of 40% reclaimed hardwood and wholly crafted in L.A., the boards are the product of a longtime friendship between Greg “Loyal” Perry and Dino “Dean” Pierone . [read more]

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS