Carren's Pitch

Life by Design

4/25/2012

Picture Imperfect

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

I know I've been procrastinating putting this up online, but finally here it is. Last February, Surface Asia did a country focus on the Philippines. I was put to work profiling some great designs to come out of my little archipelago and beyond. This is the first of a series on local Filipino designers making waves, so keep an eye out for my updates.


First up, Dan Matutina, a graphic designer who has a talent for combining old and new to create some surprising connections. I had a great time interviewing him and learning more about his no nonsense, grounded personality, which shows up in his great work.

~*C
Dan Matutina's deliberately textured works are refreshing in a world of graphics that are airbrushed to glossy flawlessness


Text by: Carren Jao
Edited by: Melinda Williams
Published: February 2012, Surface Asia


0 comments:

Get updates via RSS