Carren's Pitch

Life by Design

1/31/2014

A Guide to Exploring LA Without A Car

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

Los Angeles is known for its car culture, but it's so much more than that. It is a melting pot of cultural influences that shows in the art that it produces and even its supermarkets. Best of all, you don't need a car to see it all.

I wrote a three-day guide for exploring Los Angeles without a car for Inside, a new site that offers a local's perspective on some great cities around the world including: Paris, Buenos Aires, and Reykjavik.



I take you on some adventures around the city using only LA's Metro system, which tops even New York City in transit access. I take you through some of my favorite spots in downtown LA, Thai town, Culver City, and more.

With just three days to work with, I was hard pressed to choose. There's so much of Los Angeles to discover that I want to do a second volume, but let's see how this one goes first.

Curious about what regular folks like me see and do around Los Angeles? Check out my guide for $10 and get access to it right away on your desktop or mobile device. Leave a review. I'd love to hear from you.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS